Tom Kha Gai is a Thai soup dish that is infused with different types of Thai herbs topped with chili, lime and fish sauce to give you that distinct taste.
Delicious and tasty, this chicken soup with galangal and coconut milk is infused with different types of Thai herbs to give you that distinct taste and rich flavor and maybe that is why my wife love it and you will find that most ladies will have the same opinion.
The fragrant and aromatic flavor is intoxicating with the fusion of the galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, lime/lemon and chillies. Combined that with the rich and sweet flavor of the coconut milk, fish sauce and the lime/lemon juice and you will get the unique flavor of this dish.
This soup is especially good in the cold weather to warm your tummy.
Tom Kha Gai Thai Recipe:
From The Thai Kitchen:
* Chopping Board
* 2 pieces of chicken maryland (chopped)
* 1 can straw mushrooms
* 1 * 400ml can coconut milk
* 500ml of water
* 2 tbs nam prik pao (Thai chili jam)
* 3 tbs fish sauce
* 3 tbs lime/lemon juice
* 8-12 slices galangal
* 1 lemongrass
* 4 kaffir lime leaves
* 2-3 chillies
* 2-3 sprigs coriander (for garnishing)
1. Pour the coconut milk and the water into a saucepan and bring to a boil
2. Reduce to a simmer and add in galangal, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves
3. Simmer for about 20 minutes
4. Add chicken pieces
5. Continue cooking for a further 10 minutes
6. Add nam prik pao, chillies, straw mushrooms and the seasoning ingredients
7. Taste and adjust flavor if neccessary
8. Serve and garnish with coriander
"Looking for something? Just enter a word in the box and search"