Kluay Buad Chee or Banana in Coconut Milk and sprinkled with sesame seeds is a warm Thai dessert that completes a Thai meal very nicely.
This is a relatively simple recipe that you can whip up in 15 minutes if you have all the ingredients available.
The bananas used in this dessert are the "Lady Finger" or otherwise known as the "Sugar" bananas.
For this Thai recipe to be effective, you need to choose the bananas that are slightly green.
When cooked properly, the bananas give you the most amazing sweetness. However, if the bananas are not well cooked or cooked through, you can taste the tardiness in the bananas and that will somehow spoil the taste of the overall dessert.
The combination of the bananas, the palm sugar, the coconut cream and the sesame seeds just seems to blend effortlessly to produce the most amazing creamy taste.
Bananas In Coconut Milk Thai Recipe:
From The Thai Kitchen:
* 4 lady finger (sugar) bananas
* 270ml can of coconut cream
* 230ml water
* 55g palm sugar
* 1/2 tsp salt
* sesame seeds (for garnishing)
1. In a saucepan, bring the coconut cream, water, palm sugar and salt to a boil
2. Reduce to a gentle simmer
3. Slice the bananas length-wise at a slight angle
4. Add bananas into the coconut mixture
5. Make sure that the bananas is cooked through
6. Adjust flavoring to taste
9. Serve the dessert with a sprinkle of the sesame seeds.
1. Choose the bananas that are slightly green.
2. If bananas are not well cooked, they can taste a bit on the tart side.
"Looking for something? Just enter a word in the box and search"