Cashew Chicken or Gai Pad Mamuang Hinmaphan in Thai is a dish with Chinese influence from the neighboring foodnetwork regions of Thailand.Thai Food Lovers
If you are looking for stir frying recipes, look no further as this is one dish that is absolutely loved by the young and old alike as it is so tasty and complements perfectly with the aromatic Thai Jasmine rice.
you are cooking for the young or anyone who has not developed the taste for any chili heat yet, just leave out the dried chilies. However, the big dried chilies are usually used and they are not spicy at all - more like a hint of the chili flavors but that little hint makes a lot of difference to the dish.
Gai Pad Mamuang Hinmaphan is relatively easy, simple and quick to cook with everyone's favorite - chicken and cashews. There is no blending to achieve the 4 's' -- so what are you waiting for -- get out your apron and start trying out this stir frying dish today!
Cashew Chicken Thai Recipe:
From The Thai Kitchen:
* 3 tbs Cooking Oil
* 2 large Maryland Fillets (cubed)
* 1 large Brown Onions (sliced)
* 8-12 Dried Red Chillies
* A small handful of Unsalted Cashew Nuts
* 1 sprig of Spring Onions (sliced for garnishing)
* 1 tbs Dark Soy Sauce
* 2 tbs Light Soy Sauce
* 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
* 1 tsp Sugar (heap)
* 1-2 tbs Water
* Pinch of white pepper
1. Prepare all ingredients as required
2. Heat oil and fry sliced onions together with whole dried chilies, turning them frequently until onions are caramelized or slightly golden brown and fragrant.
3. Add cubed chicken pieces and fry with the onions and chilies
4. When chicken is just cooked, add the sauces, white pepper, sugar and cashew nuts
5. Continue stirring for a further minute before adding water
6. Test for taste and adjust flavoring if necessary
7. Turn off heat, garnish and serve
8. Enjoy this dish best with Jasmine rice
"Looking for something? Just enter a word in the box and search"