Yum Sai Grog or Spicy Thai-Style Hungarian Sausages done the Thai Salad way is my take to the very popular Thai Sausage Salad dish in Thailand.
We enjoy having this dish with any cold alcoholic drinks like beer, wines or even whisky.
At our local open market, a new continental delicatessen was recently opened. Looking around what they have to offer, i decided to try out these exotic Hungarian Sausages.Thai Food Lovers
I said "2 Hungarians please" and guess what happened?
The owners, husband and wife, both Hungarians decided to have some fun and just stood right in front of me.
I know, I know, I know .... don't give up my retirement to get into comedy!
The verdict - the sausages are not salty like the other normal ones, the meat to fat proportion was just right.
After cooking and tasting the sausages, it brings me back the memory of the Thai Sausages from Thailand.
So i had this brilliant idea to fusion the dish and yum it in the Thai Salad style
The result is amazing - the taste was simply delicious and more importantly, it complemented so well with either beer or wines - which by any account is my kind of dish to enjoy!
Try it - not necessarily with Hungarian or Thai Sausages but preferably the gourmet ones - not just the plain ones meant for BBQ
2 Spring Onions (chopped)
1-2 Fresh Coriander (chopped)
1.5 tbs Peanuts (roasted)
1-2 tbs Ground Chillies-
1-1.5 tbs Ground Roasted Rice (roughly crushed)
Mint Leaves (for garnishing)
1 and 1/4 tbs Fish Sauce
1 tbs Light Soya Sauce
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
2-3 tbs Lemon Juice
1. Grill the sausages until just cooked
2. Leave to cool
3. Slice the sausages at an angle for better presentation
4. Place the sausages in a mixing bowl and mix in all the ingredients - including the Sauce Ingredients.
5. Taste for flavor and adjust if necessary
6. Place it in a nice serving plate and garnish with the mint leaves before serving
7. As with all Thai Salads, this dish will be well complemented with sticky rice.
Thai Food Lovers