Stir Fry Scallops with Oyster Sauce is a dish that all seafood lovers would die for!
In Thailand, this is a dish with Chinese influence and hence the oyster sauce flavor.
When you can get fresh scallops, this is an amazing dish to cook.
If you are using frozen scallops, please ensure that they are properly thawed and pat dried with absorbent paper.
This is a simple, quick and delicious dish but the end result is amazing - so why not give it a try?
* Chopping Board
* Frying Pan
* 10 fresh scallops (without the roe)
* 1.5 tbs ginger (julienne)
* 3 shallots sliced
* 1 garlic
* 1/2 tbs cooking oil
* 1 tbs oyster sauce
* 1 tbs light soy suce
* 1/4 tsp white pepper
* 1/2 tsp sugar
* a dash of sesame oil
* 1 tbs cognac (optional)
* 1 spring onions (finely sliced lengthwise)
* 1 red chillies (finely sliced lengthwise)
1. After preparing the garnishing ingredients, place them in cold water and leave in the fridge until required
2. Heat the fry pan with a teaspoon of cooking oil
3. Place the scallops in the fry pan and cook for approximately 1 minute on one side and 30 seconds on the other
4. Leave aside until required
5. Scallops should have a good color - do not overcook them
6. In the same fry pan, add the remaining oil and fry the ginger, shallots and garlic until you can smell the fragrance coming through
7. Quickly add the oyster sauce, light soya sauce, sugar, white pepper
8. Give it a good toss and taste for flavor
9. Return the scallops to the fry pan, stir and add cognac
10. Continue to stir for a further 40 seconds
11. Switch off the heat and add a dash of sesame oil
12. Transfer to a plate and serve hot with Jasmine rice.