Pla Jian, fried fillet of yellowtail kingfish with ginger and taucheo sauce, is a dish that is tasty and delicious especially if you are also into healthy food.Thai Food Lovers
This is a dish that is influenced by the Chinese community in Thailand.
This is especially obvious considering there are ingredients like ginger, yellow bean sauce or more commonly known as taucheo suace, that is used into cooking this dish.
In Thai recipes like Pla Jian, you can use either a whole fish, fillet or cutlet.
I have decided to use Yellowtail Kingfish fillet.
If you decide to use a whole fish, go for one that weighs about 750 grams.
You can easily buy the taucheo sauce from any Asian Grocery shops.
From The Thai Kitchen:
* 250g fillet of yellow tail kingfish
* 1/2 cup oil (for frying the fillet)
* 1-2 tbs oil (for stir-fry)
* 15g julienne of ginger strips
* 1 large french shallot
* 1.5 tbs fermented yellow soya bean sauce (taucheo sauce)
* 3/4 cup water
* 1 tsp light soy sauce
* 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
* 1 tbs sugar
* 1/2 tsp white pepper
* 1 tbs oyster sauce
* 1 tsp cornflour
* 2 tsp water
* spring onions
* red chillies
1. Clean and prepare the fillet of fish
2. Pat dry the fish and lightly coat it with plain flour
3. Heat up the half cup of oil in the frypan
4. Fry the fillet of fish until it is cooked and golden brown
5. Stir fry the shallots and strips of ginger in 1-2 tablespoon of oil until fragrant
6. Add the sauce ingredients into the frypan
7. Taste and adjust flavour if needed
8. In a small bowl, add the cornflour and water together making sure you mix it well
9. Pour this mixture into the sauce so that the sauce can be thicken just a little
10. Spoon the mixed sauce ingredients over the yellowtail kingfish fillet
11. Garnish the dish with coriander, spring onions and red chilles
12. Serve hot with jasmine rice and enjoy ...