Fish in Black Bean Sauce is simple to cook, absolutely delicious and a healthy dish to have when served with the fragrant jasmine rice.Thai Food Lovers
Influenced by the Chinese community in Thailand, ingredients like ginger, black bean and oyster sauce are used in this dish. You can use either a whole fish, fillet or cutlet.
I find Rockling, King Dory, Baramundi, Hapuku or indeed any other similar textured fish is good for cooking fish in black bean sauce.
If you decide to use a whole fish, go for one that weighs about 750 grams.
You can easily buy the Black Bean sauce from any Asian Grocery shops.
From The Thai Kitchen:
* 1-2 tbs cooking oil
* 1 shallot
* 1 fresh red chilli, sliced
* 1.5 tbs ginger, cut into matchsticks
* 1 tbs black bean sauce
* 2-3 tbs water
* 1 tbs light soy sauce
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 tbs oyster sauce
* 1 tsp potato flour
* 2 tsp water
* spring onions
1. In a pan, heat oil in medium heat, and fry ginger, shallots and chillies until fragrant.
2. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and taste
3. Leave aside and prepare the fish
1. Heat up the steamer
2. When water boils, carefully place the fish in the steamer for 6 minutes.
3. Remove fish from steamer
4. Pour away half the liquid from the plate
Assembling The Dish:
1. Reheat the sauce on low heat
2. Mix the potato flour with water (combination B) into the sauce and stir in quickly
3. Pour the sauce mixture over the fish
4. Garnish the dish with coriander and spring onions
5. Serve hot with jasmine rice and enjoy ...Thai Food Lovers