Stir Fry With Broccoli is easy once you know how to.
This is one popular and healthy green vegetable that you will find in many Chinese Restaurants in almost every country including Thailand.
I used to love ordering this dish at restaurants until I discovered how easy it is to cook it yourself.Thai Food Lovers
The secret as always is to make sure that you choose the freshly picked ones which are obviously much younger. You will notice the difference when it is a younger crop as the stem will be crisp and tender, sweet and not fibrous.
It is a good accompaniment to the hot Thai dishes as it will help soothe the fury of the chillies.
It requires minimal cooking and therefore retains all the goodness of the vegetable.
Chinese Broccoli is widely known for its health benefits as it is high in vitamin C and the numerous nutrients present can potentially help in the prevention of cancer.
From The Thai Kitchen:
* Mixing Bowl
* Fry-pan or wok
* 1 bunch Chinese brocolli
* 2-3 tbs cooking oil
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 tbs oyster sauce
* 1/2 tsp light soya sauce
* 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
* 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1. Wash, then cut vegetable into approximately 7 cm portions
2. Place prepared vegetable in a ceramic bowl with a teaspoon of salt and blanch for about 5-8 minutes in boiling water
3. Rinse and immediately fill the bowl with cold water to stop the vegetables from cooking any further and set aside
4. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic till golden
5. Turn heat to low and place the rest of the ingredients in the saucepan
6. Turn up the heat and return the vegetable to the saucepan making sure it is thoroughly mixed with the sauce
7. Turn heat off and serve immediately
Thai Food Lovers