Thai Red Curry Chicken - Thai Recipes With A Twist!
Red Curry Chicken or Gaeng Dang Gai as it is known in Thailand is made with dried chillies which is why this dish is milder in flavor than the famous green curry.
This is a popular Thai dish where the fragrant and aromatic flavor is brought out with the correct mix of spiciness from the curry paste, the richness of the coconut milk, the sweetness of the palm sugar and the saltiness of the fish sauce.
This Thai recipe is again my version of Gaeng Dang Gai with a twist - where I have added pineapples to provide that bit of sweetness and grilled tomatoes and red capscium for that extra flavor.
This curry dish goes perfectly well with the steamed and fragrant Thai Jasmine rice.
Red Curry Thai Recipe
From The Thai Kitchen:
* Chopping Board
* 3 Maryland chicken fillets (sliced)
* 80-90g red curry paste
* 1 * 400ml can coconut milk
* 425g can pineapple pieces
* 1 small can bamboo shoots (sliced)
* 2 large red capscium (grilled and cut into squares)
* 2 medium tomatoes (grilled and quartered)
* 200ml water
* 4 kaffir lime leaves
* 1/2 to 1 cup basil leaves
* 50g palm sugar
* 3 tbs fish sauce
* 2 tbs light soy sauce
1. Prepare all ingredients as listed above
2. In a medium hot saucepan, fry the curry paste in a tablespoon of coconut milk until fragrant
3. Add the chicken pieces and coat it with the curry paste
4. Pour in the rest of the coconut milk, pineapples, bamboo shoots, grilled capscium and grilled tomatoes
5. Add water as required depending on whether you prefer it more liquid or more on the creamier side
6. Bring back to boil, then reduce to gentle simmer
7. Season the curry with the 'seasoning ingredients' then add kaffir lime and basil leaves
8. Taste and adjust flavoring accordingly
9. Serve hot with Jasmine rice
Red Curry back to Thai Recipes