Gai Tod is Thai Style Deep Fried Chicken that invoke memories of Thai food from my hometown ... Originally from Hatyai, I will always remember this Southern Fried Chicken dish from my childhood days.Thai Food Lovers
Through the years, I have experimented with many versions of Thai style fried chicken but my deep fried garlic pepper chicken wings are always a favorite amongst families and friends.
Done properly, you will find that the flavor is tasty and "finger licking good" and we Thais love to take this dish with small balls of warm sticky rice and it complements well with the "yum" dishes like larb gai etc....
It is especially popular with the young people.
Gai Tod Thai Recipe:
From The Thai Kitchen:
* Mixing Bowl
* Mortar and Pestle
* Paper Towel
* 9 large fresh chicken wings
* cooking oil for deep frying
* Ingredients (A):
* 1 french shallot
* 3 cloves garlic
* 3/4 tsp salt
* 1.5 tsp white ground pepper
* 12g palm sugar
* 10g fresh turmeric (optional)
* 4 tsp fish sauce
* 1 tbs soy sauce
1. Prepare chicken wings - wash and pat dry and leave aside in the mixing bowl
2. Pound Ingredients (A) using mortar and pestle
3. Mix the pounded ingredients with the chicken wings
4. Add the seasoning ingredients
5. Rub the mixture well into the chicken
6. Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours
7. Add enough cooking oil into the wok at high heat
8. Cook the chicken wings in batches to ensure even cooking
9. When chicken is cooked and golden brown, drain chicken on paper towels
10 Serve fried chicken wings with Thai sweet chili sauce
You can also use chicken drumsticks, winglets or drumlets
"Looking for something? Just enter a word in the box and search"