Fried Omelette or Kai Jeow in Thai is a delicious Thai recipe that you can probably whip up in 2 minutes. This is such an easy dish that most Thais will know how to make it.
People always comment on the amount of oil I use but you will be surprised at the result. When done right, this dish will not be oily at all. As with other Thai food, there are many variations of ingredients to use in this dish. I have kept it simple and just used french shallots, spring onions and fresh coriander for this particular recipe.
know you have got it right when the result comes out thick and fluffy.
Make sure you have this dish whenever you are cooking the Thai Green
Curry - let me tell - they complement so well like a match made in
heaven .... "Trust me - I am the cook!"
Fried Omelette Thai Recipe:
From The Thai Kitchen:
* Mixing Bowl
* 4 -6 large eggs
* 1 big french shallot (sliced thinly)
* 2 spring onions (sliced)
* 2-4 sprigs fresh coriander (cut)
* 4 tbs cooking oil
* 1 clove garlic
* 2 dashes of fish sauce
* 4 dashes of light soy sauce
* 3/4 tsp ground white pepper
* 1 pinch of sugar
1. Prepare all ingredients as required
2. Mix eggs, shallot, spring onions and coriander and seasoning ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Lightly beat the eggs
4. In a wok, heat the oil
5. Add the crushed and chopped garlic
6. Fry garlic until golden and fragrant
7. Pour the the mixed ingredients into the wok
8. Cook for about one to one and a half minute
9. Flip omelette on to the other side
10. Serve omelette immediately
This dish complements very well with green curry and jasmine rice
Thai Food Lovers