Fried Fish - cooked the Thai style is a classic recipe that you can keep for life once you have mastered it.
It is simple, full of flavor and a dish you can have to complement either your rice or congee. You will find fish fried in this Thai syle consumed by the Thais on a daily basis for breakfast, lunch and dinners.Thai Food Lovers
The choice of fish is your preference - really. For this recipe, I prefer either the Blue-eye Trevalli or Spanish Mackerel when they are available from my local fish market. If you buy the whole fish, you will need a sharp cleaver to give it a good clean chop.
However, I find it easier to just get the fishmonger to clean and fillet or chop it into cutlets for you.
Fillet or cutlet works just as well but I have chosen to use cutlet in this recipe.
Fried Fish Thai Food Recipes:
From The Thai Kitchen:
* Cleaver (optional)
* Fry Pan
* 350g fish fillet or cutlet (with skin on)
* 1/2 cup cooking oil
* 3 tbs light soy sauce
* 1 tbs lemon juice
* 1 chilli (chopped for garnishing)
1. In a fry pan, heat up the cooking oil until it starts to smoke
2. Place the fish fillet or fish cutlet in the fry pan
3. Turn the heat down to medium-high and continue for another 4 minutes
4. Turn the fish over to the other side
5. Continue cooking for a further 2 to 3 minutes
6. Remove from the fry pan and place on a serving plate
7. Spoon over the fish that you just fried - the light soy sauce, lemon juice and one or two tablespoon of the cooking oil that was used to fry the fish
8. Garnish with chopped chilli
9. Serve hot with Thai Jasmine rice or congee